Severance leads The strong network between these
medical industry in Korea
as well as their specialized medical services
Yonsei University Health System is comprised of the following:
Severance Hospital (including 5 specialized Hospitals, International Health Care Center, Severance Robot and MIS Center) and Dental Hospital in Sinchon, Seoul; Gangnam Severance Hospital in Gangnam area, located in the Southern part of Seoul (including 3 Specialized Hospitals) and Yongin Severance Hospital in satellite cities near Seoul(Yongin).
The strong network between these institutions as well as their specialized medical services are what give Yonsei University Health System its invaluable strength.
Severance Hospital was the
country’s first western-style
hospital named Chejungwon
Severance Hospital, founded in 1885 by Dr. H. N. Allen, was the country’s first western-style hospital named Chejungwon (Kwanghyewon) and has been serving national health and leading the medical industry in South Korea ever since.
As the first in Korea to pursue quality improvement in medical service through the specialization of medical care, Severance Hospital manages specialized hospitals including Rehabilitation Hospital, Cardiovascular Hospital, EYE Hospital, and Children’s Hospital, Emergency Care Center, International Health Care Center, and Cancer Clinic. In addition, Severance Hospital endeavors to enhance the standard of the medical service in many ways, such as advocating the “Patient's Bill of Rights” in 1993 and obtaining Joint Commission International (JCI) Accreditation.
Leading medical Technology with constant education
Severance Hospital practices the love of God upon which the hospital was found on, as well as love for human beings. The hospital continuously strives to secure international competitiveness through focused devotion to the development of advanced medical care, leading medical technology with constant education and research efforts and realizing patient satisfaction based on advanced medical services.
World-Class Medical Techniques And Technology
- Comprehensive Cancer Care: Total Care Covering Cancer Prevention, Treatment, And Post-Cure Care
- Professional Treatment System: 13 Specialized Cancer Centers And 5 Specialized Centers
- Difficult Cancer Surgery Team: Comprehensive Patient Treatment For Advanced Cancer
- World-Class Surgical Performance
- Coronary Artery Disease Surgery:
An Average Of About 2,000 Cases Per Year
- Arrhythmic Disease Treatment: An Average Of 1,300 Cases Per Year
- Combined Heart Deformity Surgery: Mortality During Hospitalization 2.3% (5.8% In The US)
- Percutaneous Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVI) Complication: 1%
- Treatment Of Heart Structure Defects And Vascular And Heart Valve Abnormalities: Complication Rate 0.6%
- Atrial And Defibrillation And Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Transplantation: Success Rate Close To 100%
- The First World-Class, State-Of-The-Art Robot Rehabilitation Center Opened In Korea (2018).
- First Computer-Controlled Walker (C-Brace) Manufactured In Korea (2019)
- Rehabilitation Treatment Specialized For Various Conditions Including Stroke, Brain Injury, Spinal Injury As Well As Pediatric Rehabilitation And Amputation Rehabilitation, Etc.
- "Early Rehabilitation Program" Through Organic Consultation Between Departments Of Internal Medicine And Surgery
- The First 20,000 Robot Surgeries In The World (2018)
- Minimized Scarring: Scarring Is Minimized Through A Minimally Invasive Approach To Surgery.
- Sophisticated Surgery: High-Resolution 3D Robotic 3D Images Are Utilized, And Slight Movements Of The Surgeon'S Hands Are Corrected.
World-Class Medical Techniques
- Korea's First International Medical Center
- Interpretation For Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic And Mongolian
- FAST TRACK For Foreign Patients
- Customized Meals For Foreign Patients (Western, Russian, Halal)
- Direct Service With Overseas Insurance Companies
- VIP Patient Limousine Service, Exclusive Lounge, On-Call Service, Best Service Such As Follow-Up After Returning Home